Most of us know most about it, but still it is easy to forget when we are in it… here a few important things to keep in mind!
1. Make sure you get enough sleep, often suddenly being cranky or picking fights or just being stressed is a sign that the body needs more care!
2. eat healthy a few extra portions fruit and veggies will not hurt you or your family. As a rule of thumb – everything that has season right now is good against flu and colds.
–> TIP Most Kids do quite well with a veggie meal when there is a special treat for dessert afterwards
3. Spend time outside, especially if it is cold. Especially after being in a crowded place (crowded means lots of germs) cleaning the lungs outside for a while is not bad! Even if it is just running around the block
4. If you have been freezing warm up immediately afterwards with a hot bath, hot tee or even hot chocolate
5. Consider taking some extra vitamin’s or immune system enhancing natural remedies such as echinazea, garlic or such.
6. If you have a chance to use a Sauna – think about it! cooling the system and heating it is great for the immune system. Works under the shower too!
Always start with warm and end with warm.
–> TIP Our Family enjoys a Snowrun barefooted on the weekend in our Pajamas throughout the yard and then every one in Mommy and Daddy’s Bed to warm up again and snuggle
7. Take it easy and do not hide from life because of Germ-Fear. Enjoy life, have fun and if it gets you make the best of it and use the extra time as Quality time. Your Kids will remember those times all there life!